Alpine Sports Outfitters FAQ
How early can I pick up my rental for the following day?
- You may pick up you gear the night before between 4:00PM – 8:30PM without incurring additional fees. Otherwise, you may pick them up the day of as early as 7:30AM.
If I am a returning customer OR if I am renting for several days, is there a multiple day discount?
- No. The reason we don’t offer additional discounts is because we currently offer 15% off all rentals if you are a ASO Rewards member and have the Thanx app. No minimum daily rentals here, you get 15% off rentals all day everyday. Click here to check out our Thanx app and start to earn savings and rewards.
How long does it take to get fitted?
- It will vary per group and how busy the day is. On average, the fitting time for a group of 4 takes around 15-20 minutes excluding lines.
What ages qualify as “kid” for children’s rental prices?
- Our rental prices are determined by the size of the person, not by age. For example, if a 12-year-old boy, is a men’s size 10 shoe and is 5’8” he would be wearing adult ski/snowboard gear and would be charged accordingly. If they are on the border of kids and adult sizes, we will offer an intermediate “big kid” price.
When do I need to return my gear without incurring additional fees?
- You may return your gear the day you are done skiing/boarding by 9PM or the following morning PRIOR to 9AM. There will not be additional fees if returned within these times.
What is included in the ski and snowboard packages?
- Ski Package: Skis, boots, bindings, poles and helmets are optional.
- Snowboard Package: Snowboard, bindings, boots and helmets are optional.
- There is no change in price should you choose not to wear a helmet.
If renting for multiple days and take a day off from skiing in the middle of that time frame will I still be charged for the days I didn’t ski/board?
- Yes. If you are not on skiing/boarding and don’t want to be charged for that day, you will need to return your gear prior to 9AM on your day off. We have no way of knowing if you did or did not ski/board on that day.
Do you take reservations?
- No. Ultimately our rentals are on “first-come first-serve” basis. You can get a jump start by registering online beforehand. Once your registration is complete, you should receive a confirmation notice to your email in 15-30 minutes.
When I go online to book rentals is a registration the same thing as a reservation?
- No, we only take registrations. This is to save you time when you come in the shop to rent without having to wait in line to fill out your rental information on our kiosks. By pre-registering we will have a good idea of where to start fitting you to find you the best set-up possible.
When we register online will our gear be ready for us to pick up?
- No, ski and snowboard equipment fits very differently than normal shoes and has a different size range. By registering, we will have an idea of the best ski or board for your level and size and will work directly with you to adjust bindings and to find the perfect boot.
Can I pay in advance to set aside equipment?
- No. Even if you have rented with us before, you still need to be measured and fitted to your equipment each time. You may not have the exact same equipment as your previous visit and we want to ensure comfort, safety and excellent fit.
How often do you run out of equipment?
- Infrequently. Most weekends we have gear to spare. However, there can be less of a selection on holiday and event weekends. We recommend coming in to get your rentals as early as possible on holidays such as Christmas, MLK Jr Day, President’s Day, and Easter.
Do you rent goggles?
- No. It is a health hazard, as people have been breathing in them and the sponge can get wet.
Can we take the shuttle to and from your store?
- Yes! The shuttle has a stop directly in front of our store going both directions so it’s easy to get to and from the mountain.
Can I buy lift tickets here and sign my child up for ski lessons?
- No. In Mammoth Lakes, you may purchase lift tickets and lesson at Mammoth Mountain Ski Area owned locations. Main Lodge, Canyon Lodge, The Village, and Eagle Lodge.
Do you offer rental clothing?
- We do not have rental clothing available but we do have the widest selection of price conscious outdoor clothing in Mammoth.
Do you carry kid’s clothes?
- Yes, we have a wide selection of kids and youth sizes to fit your entire family.
Do you have bike repair/ ski & snowboard repair shop year-round?
- Yes, we are the only shop in Mammoth that does year-round bicycle / snow repair and tune-ups. Some of our services are listed below:
- Belt Wax- $5
- Hand Wax- $15
- Machine Edge- $10
- Base Grind- $10-$20
- Binding Adjust- $25
- Base Weld- $10 per inch
- Mount Drill- $60
- Mount Track- $25
- Full Tune Up- $50*
- *edge, base grind, hand wax
If the mountain closes overnight or in the morning due to weather can we bring our rentals back in the morning?
- Yes, just bring back your rental in the morning before 9AM and we can refund your rental amount.
Do you have swimwear?
- Yes, we carry swimwear for men, women and children year-round so you can enjoy the hot springs, hot tubs and everything else Mammoth offer.
What do I do if I keep my equipment for an additional day?
- Just hold on to them. If there is a remaining balance when you are finished skiing/boarding, you may pay it upon return of the equipment.
What if I return my equipment early?
- We will gladly refund for the days you did not ski/snowboard.